We need aid – can you help?
We deliver a wide range of humanitarian aid to people affected by the Chernobyl Disaster. Our deliveries make a huge difference to the lives of those who need it most – the disabled, those living in poverty and the children of Belarus
Our objective, as registered with the Charity Commission, is:
“To relieve financial hardship, sickness and disability by delivering items of humanitarian aid relief to institutions, social centres and family associations in Belarus that administer the needs of the poor, sick and disabled children and adults in that country.”
For many Belarusians living with the legacy of the Chernobyl explosion – particularly those with sick and disabled children – poverty and illness are a way of life. Our aid deliveries provide immediate support to these families and assist communities in improving local facilities, making life better for many, many people.
But we can’t do this without your help. We receive donations from a wide range of companies and individuals, who provide items they no longer need, but that are essential to the people of Belarus.
Aid donations come in all shapes and sizes – for individuals, it could be a bag of clothes that no longer fit or a bike the kids have outgrown.
For companies, donating aid is a great way to get rid of surplus stock – we will come and collect anything you wish to donate, taking it off your hands, out of your storage space and on to a good cause.
We’re grateful for all donations, but in particular we need…
- Wheelchairs and walking aids
- Good footwear, clothing and bedding
- Craft materials like wool and fabrics; sewing machines and knitting needles
- Unused and packaged toiletries like soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes and shampoo
- Washing powders and cleaning equipment
- Household goods like pots and pans, bowls, cups, mugs and cutlery
- School equipment like footballs, sports clothing and activity items
- Vitamins and first aid kits
- Early learning toys
- Pampers and incontinent pads
- Paper, pens, pencils and rulers
- Garden and hand tools
If you think you can help the people of Belarus by donating aid, we’d love to speak to you. Please contact us with details of your donation and we’ll get straight back to you.